Pachakarma - पंचकर्म
Ayurveda emphasizes preventative and healing therapies, along with myriad methods of purification and rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul. Apart from being a healing system, it is a science that tells us the art of appropriate living. It tells us how to achieve longevity and live a life that is free of diseases. Panchakarma is Ayurveda's one of the ancient and important purification and detoxification treatments. In Sanskrit, the word 'Panchakarma literally means "five therapies", which suggests that it is a comprehensive system of knowledge and practices to purify the body of toxins and restore it to balance with the law of Mother Nature.
The five therapeutic means of eliminating toxins from the body, which constitute the Panchakarma, are Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana. The therapies deal with stress related problems and the toxins that may trigger an ailment, at the same time, they concentrate on creating a balance between the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions). Although Panchakarma is a highly effective therapy, it can remain ineffective, if the person doesn't follow a special detoxification diet, along with the treatments. In this section, we have provided comprehensive information on Panchakarma therapy and its significance in Ayurveda.
Department of Panchakarma (Bio purification)
- Deals with fundamentals of treatment of diseases through Panchakarma
- Panchakarma covers three steps – preoperative, main operative and post operative procedures.
- Treatment methodology is required for purification of body. By means of elimination of toxins form the body.
- Study of Panchakarma with practical demonstration carried out for patients.
- Difficult and chronic cases are treated in hospital with very specific mode of therapy, physiotherapy, massage, sauna bath, medicated enema, etc.
Instruments & Equipments
1) Snehan Table.
2) Swedan Box .
3) Shirodhara Yantra .
4) Vaman Chair .
5) Jallouka & other inshuments for Raktamokshan.
Super Specialty of Faculty
• Research Activity :
Dr. Shinde S. T.
- Role of Panchakarma on difforent skin diseases , Joint conditions & GIT System symptoms.
• Other Activities :
Dr. Shinde S.T.
- Rutushodan Camps every year.
The List of Essential equipments / instruments / machineries / charts / models etc.