Kayachikitsa - कायाचिकित्सा
Ayurveda is the holistic approach, which is mainly concerned with the treatment of the body. In the process, the person undergoes a change in the lifestyle, which includes change in food, clothing and sometimes even residence. Ayam and vyayam, yogasadhana and gati are some of the vital components that are included in an ayurvedic treatment. Coming to kayachikitsa, it is the first branch of Astanga Ayurveda or eight-branched Ayurveda that deals with general medicine. The total treatment procedure is called Kaya Chikitsa (or internal medicine), wherein kaya means 'body' and chikitsa means 'treatment'.
Kaya Chikitsa mainly deals with the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of general diseases, such as skin disorders, diabetes, tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis and many other disorders. Charaka Samhita is the most important scripture on kayachikitsa. It discussed the basic principles of treatment, various types of therapies and purification or detoxification methods. According to this natural treatment, the body of a person is product of the constant psychosomatic interactions and diseases caused are due to the imbalance caused in the trishods of the body. This imbalance caused in the three doshas of vata-pitta-kapha is sometimes, caused by the mind and occasionally by the body's dhatu (tissues) and mala (toxin deposits). It is then that the kayachitikitsa branch of ayurveda comes to assistance.
Kayachitikitsa is the branch of herbal and holistic medicine, which delves deep into ascertaining the root cause of the illness. The entire Ayurvedic therapeutics is based on the concept of Agni. The concept of Kaya (Agni) is unique and is responsible for bio- transformation. As it is known that energy can neither be created nor can it be destroyed. In human body, Kaya provides the necessary energy for all bodily activities. The energy provided is derived from the food we eat and the air we breathe. The biological system of the body transforms this energy to one, which is utilized by the cells.
Department of Kayachikitsa (General Medicine)
- Deals with fundamentals of treatment of diseases
- Learning the clinical skill for diagnosis and treatment modalities as per principles of Ayurveda.
- Students have to attend out patient department and indoor patient department for practical learning.
- Dispensing of medicine as per individual patients.
- Principles and practice of different regimens with follow ups.
Instruments & Equipments
1) ECG .
2) Pulse oxymeter .
3) Computer Set./OHP LCD moniter .
4) Nebuliser . 5) EEG . 6) Well set up ICU .
Super Specialty of Faculty
• Number of Book to be written in Department :
- in process Disease and Diet.
• Number of project done in Department in last five year :
- Effect of Virechan on Obesity
- Effect of Virechan on Thyroid Disorder
• ROTP :
- Rajivgandhi Ayurved College Paprola (H.P.)
- Govt. Ayurved College Mysore (Karnataka)
- Research Center Nagpur (MH)
- Govt. Ayurved College Nanded (MH) Lec. Kanhed.M.M.
- Govt. yurved College Nagpur (MH)
• Examination Panel :
Prof. Shinde B.T.
- M.U.H.S. Nashik. Red. Gandhi S.R.
- M.U.H.S. Nashik. Red. Gawande J.B.
- M.U.H.S. Nashik.
• Research Activity :
Lec. Kanhed M.M.
- Impact of Rashi Graha Nakshatra on human health in TARF's International Seminar Pune.
- Dhupana in Arsha Chikitsa in National Seminar at Sangali Ayurved Vyaspeeth.
The List of Essential equipments / instruments / machineries / charts / models etc.